August Projects ~ Have I bit off more than I can chew?

August is going to be my month of FREEDOM!!!
Yes, you heard that correctly!
We've decided that we need to take some time off from working at the apartments, even though we only have one more to complete.  
We will start that one in September.
So.... Here's the plan...
I'm hoping to clean and organize this mess!

Before I fly to Atlanta, next Thursday, for my 2nd Blogging Conference.
HAVEN 2013!!
I went last year and enjoyed myself soooo much! You can read about 
the fun I had, HERE, if you want to.
There is a ton to do in our shed! Stuff to pitch, stuff to sell, stuff to organize.  
Are you seeing the work involved?

Those doors are kinda creepin me out in this picture... I see eyes....
Anyway, I need this cleaned out because we (Hubs and me) are going to start to work on.....

- - - - -  T H E   G A R A G E  - - - -

We both are so completely fed up with the messes in the garage that we are making it a priority to finish.  I'm really hoping we can get the majority of it done in August. I'm going to let you see our embarrassing mess.  We can't seem to find anything in there.

Here we go.... get ready, don't judge me or Hubs... we can be slobs, 
but you already know that.
Here it comes...
Okay this is mild... 
We have a gorgeous 3 car garage, that we plan to re-mud, sand and paint. :)  Hubby already picked out the paint and bought a 5 gallon bucket of it.
I'm going to take you around the whole thing.
Some of Hubs, work area. Of course, I've got things mixed in there, too.  We are going to move everything out or to the middle of this empty bay.  And It's only empty because we are letting someone use one of our cars.
Moving around.... Lots of mess
More mess...
And more...
A little bit more...
More... and yes, we (Hubs) is kinda a soda nut.
Where did all of this come from???
We even have some stuff stored between the cars... Ugh!!
Now this wall is empty, because we cleared it out before I snapped some pics.
We have so much to do, and I do realize that I'll be doing a lot of it.
But, I also want to start another project in August...I know, I know... 
What am I thinking??
Well, we'll see how it goes, but I think I can pull it off. I want to completely do(paint, decorate, etc.) the downstairs powder room.  It's builder basic right now, and I didn't take any pics.  I will when I get started.
So, we shall see!  I have hope and confidence.  I'll be working like crazy.  
Oh, and I forgot, one more thing! We get to move my daughter into her college apartment!  
It's going to be a ride!  Get ready, get set, GO!!

Do you think I'm crazy or can I do it??
Stay tuned for progress updates!
Blessings,
 photo New Lori 100_zps2lw4mgnc.jpg

2 comments

  1. Lori, you both are creative and handy folks so of course you are going to have a full garage! We have a two car carport (really miss having a real garage to HIDE things in)that we can only get one car in because of all my hoard of stuff that needs to go up in the attic. Can't wait to see you at Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have done much of work, I believe. If I would have been the responsible person, I couldn't have think of the creativity you've shown here. great use of space, the space used behind the garage door partition was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete