A Simple Easy Spring Wreath ~ My First One Ever!

You probably didn't know this... heck, I didn't even realize this.  I have never had a spring wreath on my front door.  Seriously, I can't ever remember having one. 😳  For Pete's sake, I'm a blogger and I've never had a spring wreath hanging beautifully on my front door? Lori, don't you think it's time for a wreath on the front door?

Well, that's all changed!

Here it is!!

A Simple Easy Spring Wreath!

My First Spring Wreath Ever!

This is kind of a big thing for me... I've lived here almost 8 years... Geesh! Now, I don't have to have a "naked" front door. 😊

So, I saw that AC Moore had their flowers 50% off. I had some in my stash, but I wanted some "statement" flowers. My front door is a bit of a distance from the street and I wanted to be able to tell there were flowers on it.

I also picked up a big wreath at Hobby Lobby for 40% off. Hubby says, "Oh, you picked up some branches at the store?" I said, "No, I picked up a grapevine wreath." He says, "Oh, so you paid someone to wrap those branches into a wreath..." Funny... Ha Ha... He's such the comedian. 😜
Spring wreath supplies

I fell in love with those magnolia blooms. I knew they would look beautiful and give it the pow it needed.

I had good intentions of using my glue gun to secure everything, but as I got going, it just all seemed to stay in place. So, I didn't bother. We'll see how well it holds together.  I don't use my front door a whole lot, so it should be fine.

Making a wreath is sort of like painting a picture. I really wasn't sure what direction it was going to go, but I was praying it would "flow", and it did!

Here's some progress. Basically, I separated the stems by snipping them with my nippers, and stuffing the stem here and there.
Spring wreath progress

At first, I only added 3 magnolia blooms, but I realized soon enough that wasn't enough for some pow!

Here's the aftermath....
Spring wreath mess

It really didn't take me that long to put it together... maybe an hour. Why did I wait so long???

Spring Wreath

I love how the white and purple pops on the door. It came out sooo pretty! I am still considering adding some sort of floppy bow under the magnolias. We'll see...

 Spring Wreath flowers

My photography skills have slipped since I had shoulder surgery. (You can read about that here if you want.) I've been taking all my pictures using my iPhone. But this time I thought I'd use my camera... Ummm... I should have used the tripod. So many photos came out blurry. I guess my shoulder is still a bit shaky holding it up.

I just love how it looks on the front door! 😍
Spring Wreath Front door

I still can't believe how well that front porch mat has held up! I painted that thing 3 years ago? I was going to throw it away, but I thought maybe some paint will spruce it up. It has really held up you can see how I did that in Trash to Wow! Okay, I just looked at that post... it has faded some, but still it looks pretty good for 3 years. 👍

I took a picture with the front glass door closed, but there is so much glare it never looks good...
Spring Wreath Front door

See what I mean. Oh well, I'm so happy with this! Now, it's time for some garden clean up. Hopefully, soon... not sure how much help I'll be this year... 

Floral Spring Wreath

Blessings!

6 comments

  1. That was a lovely creation! Love the color you used..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love he wreath and the color of your door is holding up great. I love that pop of color on your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I know the color on the door hasn't faded a bit! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I never did get around to adding a bow. I still love it! :)

      Delete