Changing Up the Fall Decor

Typically I enjoy the pops of orange and red in fall decor, but this year I was definitely feeling a different vibe... I mean totally different.

Softer fall decor

Softer fall mantel

Well, maybe only slightly different from last year! 😉 Ha ha!! 

2016 fall decor

You can always swing by last year's post, Falling In Love With Fall, you'll see lots of bright orange!

I feel like I'm going through a change of style... Well, it's been a slow process but I definitely have noticed it... Softer colors are catching my eye lately. I still love bold colors, but the softer ones are more soothing and comfy to me right now. I know, I know... I have an orange front door and orange barstools. I still love them and those aren't going anywhere.... at least not today!

I kept a bit of orange...
Fall decor

I just LOVE those 'gather' blocks that I made last year! On the other side of them it says joyful for Christmas. 😍😍😍   I have a tutorial you can check out if you want... DIY 'Gather' Letter Blocks.

Coffee table fall decor

I don't know what it is, but this fall has me wanting more white and soft blues and greens. So, I said what the heck, let's get out the paint! And so I started painting pumpkins... and painting and painting... I painted almost all of them. All but maybe 2 or 3. 😊

I am sooo happy I did. Hubby put up with my painting mess for weeks at the dining table. He's so great about that! He just let's me do my thing. Love that guy!!

Fall decor dining table

Just keeping the dining table super simple. 😊  I've never been into tablescapes... I think they are gorgeous, it's just never been my thing. Maybe one day... eh, probably not. Where do they store all that table stuff?

Lovin' the shutters hubs and I made a couple of years ago. They work perfect to contain table decor.

Fall decor dining table

Isn't it funny to see how styles change? I mean mine have most definitely! I remember back in the day when country blue and mauve were the all the rage... Or maybe that was just me? 😳  Then we were into a wood phase and browns were the 'in thing'. Then we got even darker and dark brown and black were in style. Now, everything is white and lots of shiplap!

Hubs and I are definitely into the light, clean and fresh style. In fact, I've been working on a plan for our bedroom and it is going to look awesome! Yes, there will be a touch of shiplap... 😉   I can NOT wait to get started, but I need to finish up work at the apartments and another project I'm almost done with. Seriously, I can not wait to get moving on things in there!

Anyways... I am absolutely LOVING the white pumpkins mixed with some greens and the navy and light blue, light greens... so lush and soft. It just kind of calms me...

Fall mantel decor

I also just didn't feel like changing the entire "look" of the house for the season. My motto lately has been 'less is more' and I definitely want less STUFF! So, I weeded out some things I don't really care for anymore. I just wanted to keep it simple, easy, less cluttered.

Entry area fall decor

So what do you think? Do you like the lighter style of fall? I just like the flow of things lately. I don't want to be distracted by so many decorations.

Fireplace fall decor

Hmmm... I wonder what's going to happen at Christmas time. I mentioned to hubby about only putting up one Christmas tree and he really didn't care for that idea.  He wants both of them up... I said, "As long as you help!" 👍

Here the the links to some of the decor we made.

From Bedposts To Candlesticks
DIY Rustic Wood Lanterns
DIY 'Gather' Letter Blocks

I am working on something different for the front porch this year... but these have been a hit every year! I made them a few years ago and they have held up well to our east coast fall/winter weather.

DIY Outdoor Real Looking Pumpkins
DIY Paper Clay Pumpkins

I cannot WAIT to share what I've been working on for the front porch... I've only been wanting them for YEARS! 😍  Hopefully next week!

I'm just so glad that I finished my fall decor! These colors are just feeling so fall right now. 🍂
fall dining table

Blessings!!

No comments

Post a Comment