Spring is in the air!! {Pizza Tray to Spring Tray}

-->
I don’t know about you, but I am sooo ready for spring!  
It just feels like it should be here.  I know, officially, we have 21 more days, 
but the weather has been so wishy washy.  It’s like it can’t make up its mind. 
One day, cold and breezy
then the next day the sun is shining and it’s near 60 degrees!
 I honestly saw daffodils blooming in someone’s yard today!!  No fair!

Well, I’ve got spring fever….
I know I’m supposed to be working on the office and I am, truly! 
My mind is thinking up all kinds of wonderful things!!  That’s working on it, right?? 
I have proof!  Here are some phone pics of some fabric I’m considering for the office
(They aren't the greatest pics)… 
Oh, I should mention they are for curtains....
Do you have any opinions??


I have my favorites. 
But first, I just have to do some springy kind of crafts.

I was in the Dollar Tree the other day and came across this….

I thought, hmmm, I can do something with this!  It’s only a DOLLAR!!
I’m thinking of a tray….  I guess, I have a thing for trays right now, weird, huh….
Oh well.  So, I primed it, then spray painted it with heirloom white… Did I sand?? No!  
It'll be fine!

It's getting there….

A couple of weeks ago I got this VERY cool Martha Stewart stencil at
Michael’s using my 50% coupon! Oh Yeah! 
It gave me sooo many ideas rolling around in my head,
I felt like I was spinning with glee! 
I had to sit down before I got dizzy….  Anyway….


I got out my box of acrylic paints, mixed a few here and there and WA LA!! 


So pretty!  And isn't that little bird adorable?  
So, much fun!  Right now I just have it propped up on my mantel. 
But, I could use it for so many other things.  I’m thinking up a spring display for my entry table. 
Maybe I’ll work on some other spring crafts tonight!
Lori ~
If you like it PIN it!

19 comments

  1. I love crafts you can make from the dollar tree. I love what you did with the pizza pan. Looks like all your choices of fabric are beautiful. I love that bold blue at the top. :)

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Megan, I love the Dollar Tree! I like the blue one too...

      Delete
  2. Very cute -- what an easy idea...and I love the dollar store for stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! THat turned out really good! Thanks for sharing it. Saw you over at The Grant Life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta love the dollar store. Great job. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely need to start hitting the dollar store for some decor now!!

    BTW - I love all the curtain fabrics you picked! they're so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the dollar store! That's where I got the supplies for the spring topiaries too!
      I love the fabric, too, but I'm sooo undecided, because I've been looking around even more! Ugh! Well, we'll have to see...

      Delete
  6. Really cute idea. If I would want to use these trays for food, what do you spray them with to protect the food and the tray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that is a very good question... I'll have to check that one out! I wish I could email you, but you didn't put you're email address your comment! But, I'm still going to check!

      Delete
  7. Love the tray! What a great inexpensive decorating idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this..I visited Michaels for stencils myself last night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I absolutely LOVE those Martha Stencils! Good for you, hope you have fun creating with them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I love this! It's inexpensive and a great way to add a bit of color!

    Thanks for linking it!

    --Katie
    @ Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have never thought to use a pizza pan in decorating. How creative! It turned out really pretty. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I love that! And the turquoise fabric is great - it would make impressive curtains for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love b&w damask, but that turquoise fabric is AWESOME!! And your tray - too cute! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori,

    Great transformation! I love the stencil (I think I might even own it!) and colours that you used. Is your tray magnetic? It would make a great magnet board if it is :)

    Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Beautify it Monday!

    ReplyDelete