DIY Laundry Detergent ~ New & Improved!!

New & Improved!!
Most Definitely!!

I really liked my older version of detergent, 
you can check that out here, but this one 
I LOVE!

I honestly didn't think it would make that much of a difference, but it does!
I only added two extra ingredients. 
Yes... I had too much fun playing with the sparkle on Pic Monkey... :)
And...No, that is NOT shredded cheese on the paper plate.  
It's the Fels-Naptha soap grated.
If you want more details on how I make the detergent, 
check out my earlier version.
I'm just going to run through the ingredients here.
All you need:
1 C. Borax
1 C. Super Washing Soda
1 Fels-Naptha bar soap grated

Here's the new ingredients....

1/2 C. Oxi Clean
1/3 C. Unstopables or Crystals

I mixed them all in my mini food processor. 
It chops and mixes everything up really well.
That's it!!
I usually use 1-2 Tablespoons per load.
Great for HE and front load washers!
Print Friendly and PDF



With my old mix, sometimes I would find tiny pieces of the soap in the front rim of my washer.  Now, I never see any residue and my wash smells wonderful! The Oxi Clean just boosts the colors and gets more stains out.
Hope you all like it as much as I do!
Blessings,
Lori

10 comments

  1. Hi, Is this good for regular top loading washers too? And, I'm guessing the Unstopables is optional, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! This works for all washers. And of course the Unstopables is totally optional. I didn't use any of it in my first version.

      Delete
  2. Does this work in cold water? I only have cold water and was wondering if this will dissolve well and still get stuff clean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It does. I use cold water for all my colors and darks, hot for whites. And for the most part it all dissolves well. I feel that my clothes are as clean as they were when I purchased detergent. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. I am using Zote soap. How much grated soap does a bar of Fels-Naptha produce? I am afraid to use too much of the soap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used Zote soap in my last batch and I really liked it!! It was super soft to grate, so I let it sit for a day or two after I grated it. It dried out and did fine in my mini processor. I think I like it better than the Fels-Naptha. Thanks for stopping by!! Blessings,Lori

      Delete
  4. So I've been using this recipe for months. I love it but we just got a new HE washer and I've been using iris spring soap instead of fels-nathpa... works great but I'm not sure if it's OK with my new washer. Any suggestions? Experience?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I hope you get this! I'm not really sure about the irish spring soap. I've also used Zote soap and I like it a lot. I just made another double batch of this today! The thing with HE washers is that you need to watch the suds volume. I've had great results in my HE with fels-naptha and Zote. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. Do you know if this works for sensitive skin? We use all free and clear. Thinking not using the unstoppables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I'm not really sure. I would think so, but I'm not dealing with sensitive skin. You can definitely take out the Unstoppables. I didn't use them in my other detergent.

      Delete