DIY Fridge Mats

These fridge mats are so adorable!!
I love them!

They just dressed up my plain ole fridge.
Well, it is just a fridge... 
Am I so desperate to decorate something, that I decorate my fridge?
Yep! I guess so!
I have to tell you that this was not my plan for tonight's post.

The plan was to do another awesome frame post!  I had this idea, but I needed Hubby to cut something out for me.
Well, that plan was supposed to happen this afternoon when we got back from working at the apartments.
When we got back I showed him everything I wanted. So good, so far!  
He said no problem! 
Oh wait!
The saw is at the apartments! Really? Are you kidding me?  We were just there! Ugh! (I'm sure you can tell how disappointed I am by all of the exclamation points!!!!)
Ok, another day.... Hubby's overnight two nights a week, so that means, it won't be happening til this weekend. (If I'm lucky.) We'll see.
On to Plan B. Not that I actually had a Plan B...
But these things
 have been on my counter since we went to IKEA back in February. I know, I know.  And when I realized how EASY this was. 
Ugh... I don't want to talk about it. :P
Anyway, they are just plastic placemats. The neutral ones on top I picked up
 at the Dollar Tree, but I was going to have to cut and tape them
 together to fit my fridge.
So, when Hubby and I saw those bright and springy ones at IKEA it was
 a no-brainer, plus they were more square like my fridge shelves.
These will be nice and easy to clean.  If there's a spill, I can just take out the mat, clean it up and slap it back in.
I took a peek in the fridge, to start this little project only to find this nastiness... yuck!
I don't even know what that is. I don't want to know . 
So, I guess I'm cleaning the fridge out tonight too.
That's fine.  
The first shelf I did, was super duper easy.
Cleaned it up took the sticker off the back and slapped it down. It fit perfectly! No kidding!
The first one was so easy, I only had to do a bit of trimming on the rest.
All I did was mark it, measure it, draw a line and cut.
I'm sure you are overwhelmed with the difficulty of this project, but trust me if I can do it you can! (Oh, did you note the hint of sarcasm?? :D)
Okay, all done! Awesome, right??
I really love the way it makes the fridge look so clean and fresh! 
The items seem to pop off the shelves.  
Maybe Hubby won't have such a hard time finding things in the fridge?  
One can hope. :)
Now, do you think I'm nuts for decorating my fridge?
Grab some placemats and freshen up your fridge!
Thanks for reading!
Bye for now...
Blessings,
Lori

12 comments

  1. Oh I love this idea. Was going to wrap the glass shelves in Press n Seal (read that somewhere), but this looks so much fresher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I know I don't know how they get so dirty! I really haven't done that much in my home and we've been here a little over 3 years! There's so much I want to do! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute - I definitely need some of these! Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love re organizing.... I just need to do it more!! I bet they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crispy and decorated look of these however, after doing this my fridge and lower levels are too dark. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. Love it. VERY NEEDFUL! Have a great weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this idea and will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fridge placemat idea; I will keep an eye out at the Dollar Tree for some cute colors...love color...

    ReplyDelete
  10. well that's me too , i have been in my home for 2 years and still a lot of things is still missing... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  11. All in time, Yasmeen... There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day... :)

    ReplyDelete