Skinny Chai Latte ~ Only 60 Calories



Skinny Chai Latte

This Chai Latte mix is so delicious and super easy to make!
I fell in love with chai lattes a couple of years ago and needed to find any easy mix to make at home. Chai tea is a blend of tea and spices and some sort of milk and/or cream.  It’s so comforting to curl up on the couch with a hot cup of chai latte…. hmmm.

If you’ve been reading my lil ole’ blog for any length of time, you’ll know I really really don’t like to drink my calories. For me it just seems like a waste. I would much rather eat my calories.
Anyway, I could only find recipes that called for tons of sugar and calories.  So, I created this recipe with as few calories as I could as possible and still be delicious! There are only 20 calories per tablespoon. That’s not bad!

When I was looking for recipes, quite a few of them required cardamon.  Well, if you've ever shopped for cardamon, you will quickly find out how expensive it is! Like $10 for a little bottle! Sorry, I just can't do that! So, this recipe doesn't require cardamon, and you will be quite pleased with the blend of spices. :)

What’s also nice about this recipe is that the spices don’t chunk up at the top.  I tried one recipe and all the spices wouldn’t blend well at all. The recipe only called for mixing the ingredients into a container.

This recipe blends beautifully! The secret is to run the whole thing through a small food processor, it blends the mix into a fine powder that is a snap to mix up.

Skinny Chai Latte

This recipe will not disappoint!

Blessings,
 

6 comments

  1. This sounds really good! It would be wonderful to have at work when we need a quick hot drink on these cold days. Would also make nice gifts. I found the least expensive cardamom at an Amish store that sold bulk spices and would sell a little bit in a plastic zip bag. Thanks for a great recipe, Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bev, what a great idea! I love those little country stores! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. That looks good buddy! definitely saving and pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore chai but never thought to make it myself like this. How smart! I'll have to whip some up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! It really is super good and super easy!!

      Delete