DIY Chalky Style Paint

I’ve been doing all kinds of painting this week… In case you missed it you, you gotta see how a little color completely transformed The Entry and Billiard Room.

But as I was putting the gallery wall back together in the billiard room, I noticed this…
Do you see it? I know I’m picky and this wouldn’t bother most. Yellowy Picture Frames

It wasn't as noticeable when the wall was baby poop brown...
Billiard Room Before - Baby Poop Brown

But I’m not like most. This will drive me crazy!! So, I decided that now was as good a time as any to fix it.

Remember when Hubby and I made the Rustic Wooden Lanterns and I was playing around with chalky paint? I didn’t really work with a recipe, I was just throwing stuff together. Looking online there are tons of different recipes. This is the easiest recipe to make!
DIY Chalky Style Paint

This Chalky Style Paint worked beautifully! I wasn’t sure how it was going to work on some of the frames, because they were plastic. I had no reason to doubt, it worked perfect!

I plan on using this on my staircase as well, it should work like a charm. I've read that this Chalky Style Paint works as a great primer.

You can see here, that two frames are painted and one is still yellowy.
Chalky Painted Frames

I know that it’s a slight difference. But really I like it.

We are supposed to have an epic snow storm this weekend, so I don't think I'll have a problem finishing them.

Blessings!

2 comments

  1. Nice little project Lori. I have never used chalk paint, so seeing your post is inspiring. Your gallery wall is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I've been working on updating the gallery wall... Can't wait to share!

      Delete