Count Your Blessings Project {Wood Art}

It is so pretty out here on the east coast!
Hubs and I went to visit our son at college last weekend and
 the fall was in full bloom up there.
Here at home the leaves are just beginning to turn red. 
This happens to be one of my favorite times of year! 
Not to mention that my birthday is during this season. 
Hey how about that, it just happens to be today.... :) 
Happy birthday to me!!
What are the chances??? Haha...

Anyway.... 
I finished up a little project I was working on for fall.
I shared this pic of my mantle last week.


I just felt it was missing something.
So, here we go...
I cut some wood.
Hubs always has some sort of wood hanging around. This might be an old piece of chestnut? I don't know, and don't really care... It just looked weathered and worn and that's what I was going for. (Just had to get the toes in the pic. Nice.)

This is where I was thinking it would go.
Yep! I like it!
Now for the real tedious work...
I wanted something that works with fall and thanksgiving.
I love this.  We all have so much to be thankful for.
I definitely need to count my blessings more. It's really easy, just trace really hard to leave the imprint on the wood. 
Of course, it's easier when the wood is soft, like this piece.
I've done this technique before, in the Easter sign 
I made here, in Unemployed and Loving It!.

Then, I just used my tiny paint brush and painted away.
I probably should have taken more pics, but I forgot.  Sorry.  I decided to use a gradient effect on the word blessing.
I am really pleased on how it came out!!
I felt it just needed a little something more, so i added a leaf in the corner.
Now that makes me smile.  :)
It really is so easy to make these signs.  It just takes a steady hand and patience.  Not that I really have either... I  just take breaks.  
That seems to work!
Have a great weekend!
Remember to Count Your Blessings!
If you like it PIN it!

3 comments

  1. I like your sign, and for whatever reason I seem to shy away from them. Tried so many techniques and get OK results. I like that you use two different color and also like the fonts you used. You did make it look easy though! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hand painting things. It makes me feel like I'm a real artist--even if I'm just coloring in the lines:) beautiful job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love for you to share this (or any of your other great ideas) at the link party going on through tomorrow night at ‘Or so she says …’ Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete