Whole 30 Spaghetti and Meatballs

This dish is DELISH!!
Seriously, I don't think I can eat regular spaghetti and meatballs again. 
The flavors are amazing and it's sooo healthy for you!
Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs Whole 30

I'll do each part separately. First, I'll share how to cook spaghetti squash.  
It truly is wonderful and unique.

Spaghetti Squash:
1 spaghetti squash

Put on a cookie sheet.  Place in oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour.  After 30 minutes, rotate it. When it's finished, remove and slice in half. Scoop out the pulp and seeds.  Then fork the rest for spaghetti.
Print Friendly and PDF
Spagetti Squash


That's it! So much easier than cooking pasta.
When I first made this, I told God, how cool He was to make a squash like this!

The rest of the 2 recipes are pretty boring, but they taste incredible!
Next, I'll explain how I make my Turkey-beef meatballs. I usually make a whole bunch and freeze what I don't use for later. 

Whole 30 Turkey-Beef Meatballs:
2- 1 Lb. pkg. of ground turkey
1- 1 lb. pkg. of lean ground beef
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3 eggs - whisk together
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. pepper 
3 tsp. salt

Mix all together.  They will be a bit wet, but they will cook up just fine. Roll your meatballs and place them on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.  When they are finished, I place them on a plate with paper towels to soak up some of the moisture.  Ready to eat!
Print Friendly and PDF


Ok, now for the sauce. First of all, my family, mainly the kids never liked spaghetti and meatballs.  They didn't like the red sauce.  So, I didn't make it too often. Since discovering this sauce, EVERYBODY loves it! My daughter especially did NOT like red sauce, but she really likes this sauce. She might even make it while at college this year!

This recipe is so easy and cheap its crazy! So, here goes...

Whole 30 Tomato Spaghetti Sauce:
1 28oz. can of crushed tomatoes
some Italian spices
Oregano
Salt and pepper

Pour crushed tomatoes in a sauce pan add spices and salt and pepper.  Taste. Need some more spice? Add more. Cook on med/low and keep stirring.  It likes to bubble and pop.  Serve with spaghetti squash and meatballs.
Print Friendly and PDF


I've used this same sauce for cabbage rolls.  

I still can't believable how easy and good it is!
So, there you have it!
Whole 30 ~ Spaghetti and Meatballs
Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs Whole 30

Since I started this journey, I have discovered so many different healthy recipes.  I can't wait to share more with you!
Blessings,
Lori

14 comments

  1. I have heard of spaghetti squash but haven't tried it yet. The Hubby and I have been wanting to start cooking healthier meals - I'm going to bookmark this recipe :) It looks very tasty!

    I wanted to invite you to our Weekly Meet & Greet Blog Hop! It runs Wednesday till the end of Friday, Come link up and join in if you have some time :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2013/06/meet-greet-blog-hop-28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie! Thanks for stopping by! Oh, I hope you try the spaghetti squash, it is so good! Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  2. What kind of Worcestshire sauce did you find that would be Whole30 compatible? Did you make your own? Thanks, Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! Well, to be honest, I really didn't think about it. I have been a bit "loose" in some of my whole30 recipes. I didn't realize it wasn't whole30. Sorry.... I just used the bottled kind from the store. Thanks for showing me! And for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Lori! I was thinking the same thing. Worcestershire is definitely not Whole30 compatible! In fact I just tossed it out of my fridge this week as I started Whole30 :) Its important to check all ingredients before you tag a recipe as Whole30 so as not to confuse anyone new to this healthy way of eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I hear you. I guess it just depends on how "whole30" you go. I was pretty strict. I still feel this recipe is Whole30. The worcestershire can be optional.

      Delete
  4. This sounds like something I definitely want to make after my Whole30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good. We don't ever use pasta anymore! I thought the whole dish was whole30. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I mix Coconut Aminos (substitute for soy sauce), ground ginger and mustard powder for homemade Whole 30 compliant worcestershire sauce. :) Coconut aminos are a great W30 substitute for soy sauce, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I'm not as 'up' on some of the substitutes.

      Delete
  6. How many meatballs does this make, approximately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm.... Gosh, I think it makes at least 40-50 meatballs. I've been doing it the lazy way lately... just adding the ground meat to the sauce. :)

      Delete
  7. what should I look for ingredients in the can of crushed Tomatos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsea! I usually use store brand, and it's just crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes in juice. Hope that helps!

      Delete