DIY Overhead Projector

This is WAY easier than I thought.
I've tried making a projector before without any luck.
But.... Now I got it!
I used the projector to display a scripture verse on my wall, so I could trace it.
You can check that out here ~ Chalkboard Accent Wall.
It came out awesome!
I'm going to show you the easiest way to project words or designs on your wall.

Here is what you will need:
  • A good size box
  • Box cutter
  • Sheet protector
  • Tape
  • Phone with flashlight app
  • Words/design



First you need to cut a hole in the side of the box with a box cutter.

Then have your words traced onto a sheet protector or transparency sheet in black ink.

When you tape them to the box, make sure to tape them on backwards.
Now this is the super easy part!
Get your phone out and find the flashlight app.

Turn it on and place it inside the back of the box, like so.
Place the words back down and place it where you want it.  The closer the box to the wall the smaller the words.  The farther back the box is the larger the words will be.
You can see here I had to tilt it up and place it up on a ladder.
I bungeed the board to the ladder and used the hammer as a counter weight.
Hey... it worked!
Awesome, right!?
This is a chalkboard wall, so I traced it in chalk.
I told you it was super easy!!

Blessings,
 photo New Lori 100_zps2lw4mgnc.jpg

6 comments

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I've been wanting to put a phrase above my dining room window but not something pre-made. This will be perfect for getting exactly what I want. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant my friend!!! What a great idea! Love it!!! Gotta love that flashlight on the phone. Happy New Year!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Great idea! I was wondering if you think this would work, like a real projector does to enlarge a pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I hope it works for you as good as it did for me! Thanks for stopping by! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great project! I am going to try this and it would be easy to store away. Love it! I need to know how did you get the words on a sheet protector?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa! Thanks! It was super easy, I just printed them off on the computer, then traced them on to the sheet protector with a fine black sharpie. :) Easy peasy!!

      Delete