Cheap Chevron Office Chair - From Ugly to Amazing!

Here's another awesome transformation we did for
 my daughter's college apartment. 
If you missed the chevron headboard, you can check it out HERE. 
We started out with this Cheap UGLY Craigslist find for $10!
 Do you see that lovely fabric on my daughter's lap?
Nice right?

Of course, we jumped right in before we got a decent before photo.... :/
Oh well.
You can see a bit more of it here. 
But before we really got started, Morgan's boyfriend helped out by getting the wheels to roll nice and smooth.  What a nice guy!

Morgan picked out the fabric which really wasn't that much.  I think we got almost 2 yards, and I have a bunch left over, so it probably cost us about $5.
She laid out the fabric to get a feel for how it would look.
Love it!  What is it about chevron? Who doesn't love it?
The next process was E-A-S-Y!
Tacky glue.
Yep, seriously easy.
We used tacky glue because it is flexible.
It's definitely not going to be washed, so it should be fine.
We glued the back support and the seat, pretty much all the way to the edges.
Then we stuffed it in the edges with a putty knife.  It worked perfectly!!
 (sorry no pics of that part) :(
But isn't it cool??!!
Look at all the crap stuff we got to pack!

Here's an even better picture in her apartment!
We even covered the lamp shade in the chevron fabric.
Super easy.... craft spray adhesive and a glue gun.
Now, she just needs a picture in that frame!
All set for studying and homework!
Whew!  Only a few more projects!
Blessings,
 photo New Lori 100_zps2lw4mgnc.jpg

9 comments

  1. Love, love, love Chevron!!! What an easy, yet full of impact, update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet her dorm room is adorable. Can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I'll have to take some more pics when we go down in a couple of weeks! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Very cute. And I think you should clarify - all she needs is a picture of her wonderful mom in that frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Susan! I just don't think that would be her top pic! :) Thanks so much for stopping by and reading!
      Blessings,
      Lori

      Delete
  4. The chair and lamp shade look amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I love that chair - and the rest of the room looks fantastic! I'll have to show my daughter the headboard - her bed at the dorm is headboard naked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. I really like your way to recycle a old chair.

    Authorized GSA dealer

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an improvement! I love the fabric choice and your tip about just using tacky glue. So gorgeous yet so simple to DIY! Found you through Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete