Fresh Homemade Salsa

There are sooo many other projects I have ready to share with you, but when a family member asks for a recipe...

I must make sure it gets out on the ole blog. I have had a very prolific garden this year....
Abundance of tomatoes and jalapenos
Then it's SALSA time!!

We had some of hubby's family in this past weekend and I made another batch of Fresh Homemade Salsa. It's so good and easy!! YUM!!

Fresh Homemade Salsa

1-2 jalapeños - diced fresh or canned
6-8 tomatoes - diced
1 small onion - diced
1 clove garlic - minced
1 handful of cilantro - chopped
1 T. lemon or lime juice
2 T. maple syrup
Chili powder - to taste
Cumin - to taste
Salt - to taste
Pepper  - to taste

Mix all ingredients.

Print Friendly and PDF
You can can also use canned jalapeños. They are super easy to can... 

Canning Jalapenos
I told you it was pretty easy!


I usually ask hubs to be the guinea pig to see if it needs a little more of something. It's really your own preference. I like lots of cilantro, but you might not care for it. You might like it hotter, then add more jalapeños or chili powder. It's very easy to adjust to however you like it.
Fresh Homemade Salsa
Enjoy!!
Blessings,
 photo New Lori 100_zps2lw4mgnc.jpg

10 comments

  1. This is similar to my salsa recipe, but I never added maple syrup to salsa. Did I read that right, Lori? Is that a yankee thing? I may risk the ridicule of my family, but I will try your salsa recipe. I'll let you now what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's a yankee thing... but I've always added it... :) Love ya, Sallie!! Let me know if y'all like it!

      Delete
  2. My tomatoes are dead, but I will find some so I can make this. I love salsa and homemade is the best! I love the maple syrup addition and I'm a huge cilantro fan, too! Pinned it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... My tomatoes are now coming in droves!! Can you tell me a person that's in Texas that doesn't like salsa?? They go hand in hand! FYI... If you can't get fresh tomatoes, I've made it with canned diced ones. Not as good as fresh, but not bad at all.
      Blessings
      Lori

      Delete
  3. This sounds so good Lori. I love cilantro too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Definitely want to try this.

    -VP
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/visualphilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! What a perfect app for a summery bbq!

    ReplyDelete