All My Paint Is Organized!

When I say that I had paint and paint supplies all over the basement, garage and house...I'm not kidding. As much as I love being organized, I can be so unorganized it's overwhelming!  But I've gathered all paint and supplies into this mess.

Paint Mess
It doesn't seem like that much when you bunch it all together, but I had paint cans and samples all over.  In the search to put it all together, I found a receipt I've been looking for! Yeah, I've been looking for that for a couple of months.  :P

And....You know those paint can opener thingys? Yeah, I usually can't find one when I go to paint. Who knew I had about 10 of them... Well, I know where they all are now!

Quick note: Awhile back, I had said that I was going to turn one of our bedrooms upstairs into my craft room, well, I nixed that idea.  Being that Hubby has to go to bed so early, I'd be so afraid to make any noise up there.  I'm sure I would wake him up. So, now the plan is to create that space in the basement, which makes much more sense.  I could make all the noise I want down there and he'd never hear me. :)

I've been frustrated with my lack of organization not only with my paint supply, but other areas as well, but when I saw Becky @ Infarrantly Creative's Spray Paint Shelf, I knew this would solve the paint problem!

spraypaintshelf

I don't have that much spray paint, but I loved the idea of it all organized! Talked to Hubby and he so sweetly drew this up.

Plans for paint storage

He so good at all those numbers and measurements, and he thinks out all the details! Love that guy!

But first, we had to put up our "insta-wall". The basement isn't finished, but it is insulated. There are a few studed areas that I could put this shelf up on and I chose behind the stair case.  Since we are going to "eventually" make that area my "craft room" we chose beadboard paneling for the walls.

I do not want to do drywall again.  It's soooo much work and soooo dusty and messy. We both agreed that this would be much better for us. We never planned on finishing off the basement for more living space, because we have so much on the main floor.

Here's Hub measuring and cutting the beadboard.  He's so good to me, he put aside his plans for the day to help me. <3

Cutting Beadboard

This is WAY easier than drywall! One day, I'll have some sort of flooring and trim and all that, to make it all pretty.

Instant Beadboard Wall

Wall complete, now on to the paint shelf!

We only had to purchase 2 - 1x6s and 1- 1x4 and the 2 sheets of beadboard.  We already had
6 - 1x4s painted black from an old project we never actually did. And we had some old shelving, Hubby picked up dumpster diving, years ago. They were black too, so at least it will look like it all goes together.

Beginning of Shelf

I measured where each board would be attached, according to Hubby's plans.  Pre-drilled the holes and attached all of the shelves.

Paint Shelves

Not bad..... Hubby already thought ahead and made some Kreg Jig holes where the shelf can be attached to the wall.  That shelf isn't going anywhere!!

The lower shelves are for 1 gallon paint cans, then there's room for quarts and samples. The top shelves are for spray paint cans. The row for spray paint is deep enough, that I can put two rows of paint.  Plenty of room to grow!

LOOK! > > > > >  Love, love, love!!!

Paint Shelves Complete

This makes me so happy! I labeled my gallons, with the color and what room is painted that color.

Paint Samples Organized

This just calms me, knowing that if I am looking for anything paint wise, I can easily find it. Btw... I love samples, it makes finding the right color so simple!

How To Organize Your Paint

Don't you think this is MUCH better??!!! :)

Blessings,

18 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! It is so nice to know where everything is!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your paint supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenee! It has continued to stay organized! :)

      Delete
  3. I can be so unorganized it's overwhelming! But I've gathered all paint and supplies into this mess. Duchuu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! It's really hard to stay organized or even to get organized. But I keep trying!!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! You did a really good job. Your shelf look great. I'm looking for something like that. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia!! I love it, although it doesn't look as organized to day... I think I need another one! :)

      Delete
  5. looks great. I'm thankful I don't have that many extra paints around the house, but your system would work if I did. I'm trying to use it up and not buy extras til all are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would use up more!! It just seems to grow! I need to make another one.... Help!! :)

      Delete
  6. Great idea! I will apply in my house. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great. I'm doing some research on painting. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your shelf, look great. Thanks for sharing your paint supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brandy! I love it! I need another one, now! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I am constantly trying to be organized, too! But I know it is an additional hard work so there are times I also feel overwhelmed - if only I have all the time in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristine! I know what you mean, for me it is a real struggle! I feel overwhelmed too!! I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete