Kitty Toilets :D {DIY Litter Box}

Yes, I'm really going to discuss Kitty Toilets.
 Especially in light of yesterday's post where 
 I referred to 


I truly am not looking forward to next week, 
but it needs to be attacked and done with!
Anyway....
Back to Kitty Toilets

We have had kitties for over the last 15 years, 
and I have tried all sorts of kitty toilets.
From litter tray liners to the sifting kind. 
We had the one with the big lid on top to give
them some privacy.
One of my kitties from long ago 
had a problem with "missing".

I don't really want to go into detail, 
but it wasn't fun and the smell. ACK!
I'm thinking of the gas chamber....
Are you getting the idea?
Thank God we always kept the kitty toilet
 in the basement.

I invented the easiest solution of all!
I have been using this DIY Kitty Toilet for
over 2 years now and it's 
the best one I've EVER had!

It contains it all, no leaks, no misses, 
and so easy to clean!

It's basically a storage bin.
Fancy, huh?!
But it works so well! 

Basically, all I did was use a ruler and a Sharpie
to mark the opening.
Then I just used a regular box knife and cut out the square.

You need to leave at least 6 inches from the bottom, so you can have a nice thick layer of litter.


I just use a regular kitty scooper to clean it out.
I know this was an uncomfortable topic for some of you, but you made it through.

This has made my life so much easier!
And maybe yours too! 

If you like it PIN it!

12 comments

  1. Replies
    1. What a WONDERFUL idea for our furbabies!! Gonna do it this weekend for my Jarrett.

      Delete
  2. BRILLIANT idea!!!! I have to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesday.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog through A Glimpse Inside. This is a wonderful idea! You should market it! My friend has a cat but her kitty box is always smelly and all over the place. I should get her this for xmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wishing you luck and many clothes pins nose holders for next week as you attack The Gas Chamber:( Maybe a gas mask from a army surplus store might be a super great purchase. Anyway I will be watching for you to return unscathed. Lol. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays and I thank you for your support:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! :) We have 5 cats, so kitty toilets are a frequent topic of discussion in my house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, Kelly! It's going to be perfect for your camel cats!! My kitty wont even drink water from a dish... I have to make her "soup" every morning... Thanks for sharing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't have found this at a better time! We just aquired a kitten, which makes that 3 cats in the house, and I've been terrified to put them together in the same liter box for fear of what will become of the bathroom! This is PURRFECT, yes, I went there with the pun :P Our cats are going to love this :D
    BTW, this is my first time visiting your blog and I've really enjoyed your posts, so I signed up and I look forward to your future ramblings :)

    Yanet

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fantastic idea ! was trawling the internet looking for DIY litter houses for my 3 house cat's , my male is huge and cannot seem to find a litterox big enough that he feel#s comfortable going into , may i ask what size the bin is ?

    thanks
    kirsti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Buffy. That sounds really easy and clean. I am fortunate enough that my kitty's litter box is in the basement. So we never have to smell it. But that's a good tip!

    ReplyDelete