Painted Window Boxes

They came out so cute!
Remember in my Salsa Garden Part 2
where I showed you I wanted to put in some 
window boxes on my shed?
Well, I finally found them and finished them! 
Yay!


I got the idea from East Coast Creative Blog
They did double stacked round planters,
but I thought that it would be fun to paint 
the window boxes.

Didn't they come out soooo cute??!!


You start with a plain window box.

Then here comes the super cool part!
In order to get the easy color blocking, 
you just pop off the bottom tray.
They just snap right back on after they are painted.
I taped along the line, 
I wanted to keep some of the original color.

The Rust-oleum Paint is the BEST!
I only painted one coat.  It covers amazing!
One little thing that might be a problem 
down the road...
It didn't exactly say it "bonded" to plastic.
I have a can of the heirloom white and that said it did.
So, I assumed that these colors did as well.
Oh, well.  
I did soak them in the tub to see if the paint would peel.  
It didn't, but it does kinda scratch off easy.
I don't expect too much trouble with them.
We'll see how they fair.

 I love these two colors together!

Don't they look adorable?
I did have a bit of overspray around the lip,
but who's gonna notice?
There's going to be plants all around it!

I'm loving these!
I planted some more marigolds,
some purple lobelia, and some creeping jenny.
I can't wait til they are all full and overflowing!

Hubby was sweet enough to mount the brackets.  

I even painted the bottom of the bracket to match, 
I didn't want to see the black holder.
Ahhh.... summer, here we come!

18 comments

  1. Lori - these look so cute! So colorful! :)
    I love those colors together, too - it's just a happy combination.
    fingers crossed that they don't scratch or chip much over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ash! They make me happy! So, far so good with the paint. I even painted a couple of other plastic pots and everything seems to be holding up! Yay!

      Delete
  2. These are sooo cute! I've decided to paint mine but haven't decided on colors yet? Any ideas? They are the 2 that are on the front of the house, second level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from lines across hop. Cute flower boxes. Love for you to follow back ;)

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! They are perfect for summer. They really brighten up your shed beautifully.

    Isn't spray paint the best?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about puting a pop of color on my window boxes and now that I have seen these cuties I will have to for sure. Great restyle! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are very cute! I found your blog through Ginger Snap Crafts and would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts, at my Creative Thursday link party (open thru Monday each week) at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Tonia!! I'm honored!! I love being featured! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks Super Cute!!! I really like your veggie plans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori,
    I love these planters. Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday last week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea, thanks for the tutorial! Am pinning it now so I don't lose it . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For Reading!! Don't ya just LOVE Pinterest!!!???

      Delete
  12. This is amazing! I love the colors you have chosen., thanks for linking up at Friday fun party.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun pop of color! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete